Positive activities are for young people aged 8 - 19 (up to 21 years of age for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities) and may include activities and support which:
• Helps young people connect with their communities, enabling them to belong and contribute to society e.g. through volunteering
• Provides opportunities for young people to take part in a range of sports, arts, music and other activities where they can socialise safely with their peers and develop relationships, including with adults they can trust
• Encourage young people’s personal and social development
• Improve young people’s physical and mental health and emotional well-being
• Help young people to achieve in education, work or training
• Prevent and divert young people away from risky behaviours e.g. teenage pregnancy, substance misuse and involvement in crime and anti-social behaviour.