The Targeted Youth Support programme helps vulnerable young people by addressing their difficulties as soon as possible and develops tailored interventions to prevent their problems escalating.
This often means working with young people who may not meet traditional thresholds for statutory or specialist services, but who, without help, are at risk of further problems. In particular, this work will include young people who experience issues associated with poverty and living in deprived neighbourhoods.
The Service aims to improve the outcomes for each young person through:
• Developing an individual support plan that includes the young person’s aspirations, the wishes of their family, and those that are concerned about their well-being – based on an assessment of the issues identified
• Visiting them at home early on in the programme and maintaining parent/guardian relationships throughout
• Offering 1-to-1 support and focused group work activities
• Coordinating multi-agency meetings to identify and respond to concerns
• Offering information, advice and guidance
Download the Targeted Weekly Planner here: